This guide is for when the setup for TCPShield is failing. This checklist will give you a list of things to double-check to ensure everything is configured correctly.
- 1.Is your domain verified?
- 2.Are you confident your backend server is accepting connections? Ensure the correct port that BungeeCord / Spigot is running on is open and property set in the panel.
- 3.Are you trying to join the backend IP directly? The TCPShield plugin blocks this intentionally.
- 4.Have you configured the proxy protocol correctly? The TCPShield plugin and proxy protocol setting can't coexist. More information can be found here.
- 5.Make sure you do not install the TCPShield plugin in both your proxy server and your game mode server.
- 6.Has your DNS propagated? It can take up to 24 hours sometimes for DNS to fully propagate for everyone.
- 7.Have you tried using your subdomain instead of your SRV record? Some clients can have issues resolving your SRV record.
- 8.Does your backend set have the expected IP addresses in the panel?
The TCPShield Discord is available if needed, but this should cover most issues people will encounter when setting up TCPShield.